Saturday, November 22, 2008

Turkey Fun Run

I spent my day yesterday helping out at school. They were having their annual fun run. It was great they didn't do it as a fundraiser just for fitness. Wow I'm blown away this is the first school my kids have been to that's even had a run for laps type of deal and they've it's sad to say have been to a lot. Anyway, it was amazing to hear them say it's just for the excerise not for money in fact the top two kids for each grade are going to win a $20.00 gift card to Toys R Us. I'm not even sure the kids knew that part.

Anyway my kids did great I thought Zoey got 12 laps and Nate got 10. He cracked me up the most he walked some and ran some but the funniest part was him running with his hands in his pockets. LOL I wish I had my camera. :( But it was great just to watch. Elianna had a field day watching them go around. Afterwards we counted the laps for each kid that was our job all day that and handing out water. It was great can't wait for next year.

While there though I was blown away to hear of a former co-worker/friend that had been given like 45 years I think I was told by this other friend for killing her boyfriend's little girl a few years back. :0 OMG I'm still in shock this girl I knew was not that type of person or at least not back then. She loved kids she did great around my oldest when she was a baby. Anyway I'm still recouping from that shocking news. That poor little girl that was killed and to think I was friend's at one point with the girl or should I say woman that did this horrific crime. What surprised me even more is that I had read about that back when it first happened and saw the picture of the lady that was arrested and it didn't dawn on me back then that I knew that person not til last night when I looked it up on line to confirm what I had heard. My prayers are for those who are still coping with their loss each year as it happened just days before Christmas so it must be hard as each new season approaches.

That horrible story aside the school turkey run was a blast and as usual it was great to get out of the house. I really wish I had more time to volunteer at school I always enjoy it.

No comments: